Monday, July 07, 2008

Maybe it's starting to work

Ok. Save Benjis has been indexed by google now, but for some reason it only shows up in the results when I type site:savebenjis.com but not when I just do a regular search for savebenjis.com and not when I look at links:savebenjis.com (not even in cache:savebenjis.com). Also it is not finding the first page and only some of the secondary pages.

Here a few things that I've done since last time to hopefully improve the results.
- Validated my html. Previously I had 3 errors that might have been causing problems.
- Added a sitemap to Google Webmaster tools for the site.
- Tweaked various Joomla settings (but I think I turned them all back).

I decided to use Joomla for the Save Benjis site because I thought it would make things easier. Certain things seem much harder (like getting indexed in Google), than writing the html by hand. I hope that as time goes on, the benefits of Joomla will outweigh the initial pain.

No comments: